Tuna-Filled AuberginesAntonio Silva
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Four aubergines cut in half
- Four cans of Tuna Functional®
- One large onion, finely chopped
- Two diced garlic cloves
- Two bay leaves
- One large carrot cut into small cubes
- Two celery stalks
- One tsp of dry oregano
- One tsp of dry thyme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 150g of light grated Mozzarella cheese
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Cut the aubergines in halves. In each, make cuts around the pulp of the aubergines and remove it carefully, with the help of a tablespoon, taking care not to tear the peel. (If you prefer, to facilitate the process, you can make diagonal cuts on the pulp, forming crosses and bake the aubergine halves, wrapped in aluminium foil, for 30 to 40 minutes, until the pulp softens or take it to the microwave, in a capped container, for about 10 minutes).
- Cut the aubergine pulp into small pieces and set aside.
- Open the Tuna Functional® cans and drain the whole of the topping sauce into a large saucepan. Bring it to medium-high heat and place the bay leaf, onion, garlic, celery, carrot and aubergine (if raw) to sauté.
- When the onion is translucent add the tuna, crumbling it with a fork, wrap everything and let the mixture gain flavour.
Note: If you have precooked the aubergine, place the sliced pulp together with the tuna.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and fresh parsley, reduce the heat and mix well. If required, add some water and adjust the seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the aubergine halves in a baking sheet and fill them with the tuna mix.
- Put it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes and, when you see that the peel is softened, sprinkle them with the grated cheese and gratin them for 10 to 15 minutes.
Note: If you precooked the aubergines, either in the oven or microwave, you would just need to sprinkle them with the cheese after they are filled and place them in the oven to gratin.
- Remove them from the oven and they are ready to be dished out!
Recipe prepared by Nutritionist Débora Teixeira – Professional License No. 3008N.
Merely illustrative image.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.