Tuna à Brás with LeekElisabete Teixeira
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Four cans of Tuna Functional®
- Two large sweet potatoes
- Four leek stalks
- Three large onions
- Three garlic cloves
- Four average sized eggs
- Two bay leaves
- Dried thyme to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Black olives to taste
- Pour the covering sauce of the Tuna Functional® cans to a bowl and set aside.
- Wash the sweet potatoes very well and cut them into sticks. Put them into a bowl, add two spoons of covering sauce, thyme and garlic powder and mix them well with your hands, ensuring that the potato sticks are all covered. Spread them over an oven sheet and bake them at 180 °C for 20 to 30 minutes, turning them over once in a while, so they cook evenly.
- Dice the garlic cloves and cut the onions into thin half-moons and sauté them with the rest of the covering sauce and the bay leaves in a large saucepan.
- When the onion starts becoming translucent add the leek cut into slices and mix well.
- When it’s cooked, add the slightly crumbled tuna with a fork and the baked sweet potato sticks. Switch off the heat and mix well.
- Meantime, beat the eggs and fold them into the mixture, still on the stove burner but with the heat off.
- Spread the chopped parsley on top, decorate with some olives and dish out!
Recipe prepared by the Nutritionist Débora Teixeira – Professional License No. 3008.
Merely illustrative image.