8 de February, 2021
Courgette lasagneAntonio Silva
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Three large zucchinis, sliced longwise
- 400 g of light grated cheese
- One package (250g) of light cream cheese
- Four cans of Tuna Functional®
- One peeled tomato can (800g)
- One packet of tomato pulp (210g)
- One large onion
- Two garlic cloves
- One carrot
- One bay leave
- Two celery stalks
- Salt to taste
- One L of skimmed milk
- Three tablespoons of corn starch
- One pinch of ground nutmeg
- Oregano to taste
- Start by thinly dicing all the vegetables (onion, garlic, carrot and celery).
- Pour the covering sauce of two Tuna Functional® cans into a large saucepan, add the vegetables and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the covering sauce of the remaining two cans to a container and set aside.
- When the vegetables start getting cooked, add the tuna (crumbling it lightly with a fork) and add the peeled tomato cut into small cubes and mix well.
- Add the tomato pulp, the tomato sauce from the tin and half to a measure of water, season with salt and pepper, stir and bring to the boil.
- As it boils, lower the heat to a minimum, letting it simmer for one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the white sauce. Fill 1/2 cup with cold or room temperature milk and add the corn starch, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Place the remaining milk on the heat until very hot. Add the cup of milk with the dissolved starch, season with salt and nutmeg and keep stirring, so as not to gain lumps, until it thickens.
- When it gets creamy, remove from the heat, add the light cream cheese, stir well with a whip or a wire rod and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Arrange the zucchini slices in a baking sheet, brush them with the reserved cover sauce of the two cans and bake them on both sides. If you prefer, you can grill them! (This step is essential for the lasagna not to gain too much water).
- With all the ingredients ready, it’s time to assemble the lasagne. On a platter that can go to the oven, arrange a little tuna Bolognese on the bottom, followed by the slices of roasted/grilled zucchini, white sauce and some grated cheese. Repeat the process of assembling the layers until the ingredients are finished, placing most of the cheese on top of the lasagne!
- Bake for 15 minutes covered with aluminium foil + 10 minutes uncovered (to reach golden brown).
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly (it will help the sauces to gain more consistency) and dish out!
Hint: If the white sauce gets lumps, cheat and pass with the hand blender!
Recipe prepared by Nutritionist Débora Teixeira – Professional License No. 3008
Merely illustrative image.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.